1. Zahed Pasha Y, Esmaeili Dooki M, Haji Ahmadi M, Asgardon G, Ghadimi R, Baleghi M, et al. Effect of Risk Factors on Low Birth Weight Neonates. JBUMS. 2004;6(2):18-24.
2. Michalowicz BS, Gustafsson A Thumbigere-Math V, Buhlin K. The effects of periodontal treatment on pregnancy outcomes. J Periodontol. 2013 Apr;84(4 Suppl):S195-208.
3. Rajapakse PS, Nagarathne M, Chandrasekra KB, Dasanayake AP. Periodontal disease and prematurity among non-smoking Sri Lankan women. J Dent Res. 2005 Mar;84(3):274-7.
4. Agueda A, Ramón JM, Manau C, Guerrero A, Echeverría JJ. Periodontal disease as a risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcomes: a prospective cohort study. J Clin Periodontol. 2008 Jan;35(1):16-22.
5. Gomes-Filho IS, Cruz SS, Rezende EJ, Dos Santos CA, Soledade KR, Magalhães MA, et al. Exposure measurement in the association between periodontal disease and prematurity/low birth weight. J Clin Periodontol. 2007 Nov;34(11):957-63.
6. Baccaglini L. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials shows no evidence that periodontal treatment during pregnancy prevents adverse pregnancy outcomes. J Am Dent Assoc. 2011 Oct;142(10):1192-3.
7. Al-Habashneh R, Aljundi SH, Alwaeli HA. Survey of medical doctors’ attitudes and knowledge of the association between oral health and pregnancy outcomes. Int J Dent Hyg. 2008 Aug;6(3):214-20.
8. Chang HH1, Larson J, Blencowe H, SpongCY, Howson CP, Cairns-Smith S, et al.Preventing preterm births: analysis of trends and potential reductions with interventions in 39 countries with very high human development index.Lancet. 2013 Jan 19;381(9862):223-34.
9. Emrich LJ, Shlossman M, Genco RJ. Periodontal disease in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Periodontol. 1991 Feb;62(2):123-31.
10. Boggess KA, Urlaub DM, Massey KE, Moos MK, Matheson MB, Lorenz C. Oral hygiene practices and dental service utilization among pregnant women. J Am Dent Assoc. 2010 May;141(5):553-61.
11. Vergnes JN, Pastor-Harper D, Constantin D, Bedos C, Kaminski M, Nabet C, et al. [Perceived oral health and use of dental services during pregnancy: the MaterniDent study]. [Article in French]. Sante Publique. 2013 May-Jun;25(3):281-92.
12. Wilder R, Robinson C, Jared HL, Lieff S, Boggess K. Obstetricians’ knowledge and practice behaviors concerning periodontal health and preterm delivery and low birth weight. J Dent Hyg. 2007 Fall;81(4):81.
13. Morgan MA, Crall J, Goldenberg RL, Schulkin J. Oral health during pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009 Sep;22(9):733-9.
14. Tarannum F, Prasad S; Muzammil, Vivekananda L, Jayanthi D, Faizuddin M. Awareness of the association between periodontal disease and pre-term births among general dentists, general medical practitioners and gynecologists. Indian J Public Health. 2013 Apr-Jun;57(2):92-5.
15. Zanata RL, Fernandes KB, Navarro PS. Prenatal dental care: evaluation of professional knowledge of obstetricians and dentists in the cities of Londrina/PR and Bauru/SP, Brazil, 2004. J Appl Oral Sci. 2008 May-Jun;16(3):194-200.
16. Ishikawa I, Sasaki KM, Aoki A, Watanabe H. Effects of Er:YAG laser on periodontal therapy. J Int Acad Periodontol. 2003 Jan;5(1):23-8.
17. Offenbacher S. Periodontal diseases: pathogenesis. Ann Periodontol. 1996 Nov;1(1):821-78.
18. Sanz M, Kornman K; working group 3 of the joint EFP/AAP workshop. Periodontitis and adverse pregnancy outcomes: consensus report of the Joint EFP/AAP Workshop on Periodontitis and Systemic Disease. J Periodontol. 2013 Apr;84(4 Suppl):S164-9.
19. Oppermann RV, Weidlich P, Musskopf ML. Periodontal disease and systemic complications. Braz Oral Res. 2012;26 Suppl 1:39-47.
20. Jeffcoat MK, Geurs NC, Reddy MS, Cliver SP, Goldenberg RL, Hauth JC. Periodontal infection and preterm birth: results of a prospective study. J Am Dent Assoc. 2001 Jul;132(7):875-80.
21. López NJ, Smith PC, Gutierrez J. Higher risk of preterm birth and low birth weight in women with periodontal disease. J Dent Res. 2002 Jan;81(1):58-63.
22. Offenbacher S, Lieff S, Boggess KA, Murtha AP, Madianos PN, Champagne CM, et al. Maternal periodontitis and prematurity. Part 1: Obstetric outcome of prematurity and growth restriction. Ann Periodontol. 2001 Dec;6(1):164-74.
23. Moreu G, Téllez L, González-Jaranay M. Relationship between maternal periodontal disease and low-birth-weight pre-term infants. J Clin Periodontol. 2005 Jun;32(6):622-7.
24. Jeffcoat MK, Geurs NC, Reddy MS, Goldenberg RL, Hauth JC. Current evidence regarding periodontal disease as a risk factor in preterm birth. Ann Periodontol. 2001 Dec;6(1):183-8.
25. Marin C, Segura-Egea JJ, Martínez-Sahuquillo A, Bullón P. Correlation between infant birth weight and mother's periodontal status. J Clin Periodontol. 2005 Mar;32(3):299-304.
26. Nutalapati R, Ramisetti A, Mutthineni RB, Jampani ND, Kasagani SK. Awareness of association between periodontitis and PLBW among selected population of practicing gynecologists in Andhra Pradesh. Indian J Dent Res. 2011 Sep-Oct;22(5):735.
27. Shanthi V, Vanka A, Bhambal A, Saxena V, Saxena S, Kumar SS. Association of pregnant women periodontal status to preterm and low-birth weight babies: A systematic and evidence-based review. Dent Res J (Isfahan). 2012 Jul;9(4):368-80.
28. Lewis CW, Grossman DC, Domoto PK, Deyo RA. The role of the pediatrician in the oral health of children: A national survey. Pediatrics. 2000 Dec;106(6):E84.
29. Roberts MW, Keels MA, Sharp MC, Lewis JL Jr. Fluoride supplement prescribing and dental referral patterns among academic pediatricians. Pediatrics. 1998 Jan;101(1):E6.
30. Shenoy RP, Nayak DG, Sequeira PS. Periodontal disease as a risk factor in pre-term low birth weight--an assessment of gynecologists’ knowledge: a pilot study. Indian J Dent Res 2009 Jan-Mar;20(1):13-6.
31. Patil SN, Kalburgi NB, Koregol AC, Warad SB, Patil S, Ugale MS. Female sex hormones and periodontal health-awareness among gynecologists - A questionnaire survey. Saudi Dent J. 2012 Apr;24(2):99-104.
32. Strafford KE, Shellhaas C, Hade EM. Provider and patient perceptions about dental care during pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2008 Jan;21(1):63-71.
33. Cohen L, Schaeffer M, Davideau JL, Tenenbaum H, Huck O. Obstetric Knowledge, Attitude, and Behavior Concerning Periodontal Diseases and Treatment Needs in Pregnancy: Inﬂuencing Factors in France. J Periodontol. 2015 Mar;86(3):398-405.
34. Rocha JM, Chaves VR, Urbanetz AA, Baldissera Rdos S, Rösing CK. Obstetricians’ knowledge of periodontal disease as a potential risk factor for preterm delivery and low birth weight. Braz Oral Res. 2011 May-Jun;25(3):248-54.